Saturday, February 18, 2006

Lottery, FAWM, Over-peopleified

What would you do if I won the lottery? Like the BIG one. I was listening to 92.1 the other day, and instead of the usual political talk, there was a nice change of pace because Ed Schultz was interviewing a guy who won 150 million bucks in the lottery a few years back. Largest pot ever (up until 2001). The guy said if he could go back, he wouldn't buy the ticket. He said the money didn't change him personally, but he lost a lot of friends because they all changed. A guy he knew for 30 years asked if he'd pay off 18,000 dollars in credit card debt for him. He did it out of the kindness of his heart, and then a year or so later the same guy racked up another 20 grand in debt and wanted THAT paid off, too. Well, of course the lottery guy didn't do it, and he lost a friend because of it. Shitty. I'd like to think my friends wouldn't do that, because I think most of them realize that if I won a shitload of money, the first thing I would do would be to give away half a shitload, at least! Half a shitload is a crapload, I think. And a fuckload is 2.5 shitloads. Anyway, the point the guy made is that it was really cool to give money to people that can't help themselves, like the ridiculously poor and whatnot. But the credit card guy could've paid off his own debt and learned some responsibility. I've often thought of the kick-ass things I'd do if I won the lottery. Emotionally, I'm pretty tough, so I don't think it would be too horrible going through all the crap like that guy did. The good stuff would far outweigh the bad. Plus, I'd find out who my real friends are. The ones patient enough to wait for a fraction of a shitload of money, instead of asking first. :) Hell, I'm broke as fuck right now but I'll still buy your makin-more-money-than-me ass a beer!

Check out the songs on www.fawm.org - My name on there is JRamoneWI and I've uploaded 3 songs so far. That's pretty short of the expected 14 for the month. I may be able to do it. Not sure. If I don't, I won't be too disappointed. I think I'll crank out a few "off the top of my head" songs. The other day at GZ practice, I came up with a tune about "head lice and the gout." The "kids" seemed to like it.

I promised myself I wouldn't blog about the snow, so I won't. But I have to express my perplexedness at the homeless in Wisconsin, the land of the cold... I've always thought that if for some unforseen reason I become homeless without a chance for recovery anytime soon, the first thing I'd do is WALK THE FUCK SOUTH! As much as I despise the white trash redneck hicks and their rusty pickup trucks blasting Alan Jackson, I sure do like their weather. Hey, homeless people - it's WARM DOWN THERE! It's not like there's more room up here or anything. I'd rather find a nice open stretch of beach in Florida to sleep on than a cardboard box in 20 below weather here. You know, I'm watching Deadwood right now (which is friggin' sweet, if you ask me!) and it makes me wonder. When we (the whiteys) settled this stolen land of ours, were we aware that it was warmer down south? I mean, there WEREN'T 6 billion people on Earth yet. There was room to move around and settle wherever. And if somewhere was already settled, you could just shoot whoever got their first. Awesome! haha. I'm just sayin' I wish my ancestors would've been a little more like me and HATED the cold more than anything in the world. That's all I'm saying.

Speaking of 6 billion people, I have something to say to everyone. Stop having so many god damn kids! Catholics bug the shit out of me because of their policy to have as many kids as humanly possible. Why? What is the point? Believe me, there ain't no fuckin' shortage! In fact, there are thousands of kids waiting to be adopted, and some never will because there's no one around for them. Everyone is busy creating their own little people to overpopulate this dying planet. Maybe if we start cooking children. That would take care of overpopulation and feeding the hungry. The government is already taking care of killing off the elderly earlier. By the time we get old, we'll have to wait until 75 to retire. Which means the uber-stress of working when we're too old to be working will stop our tickers short of their expected um.. expectancy. Also, "they" employ airplanes to fly over elderly communities and release contrails of chemicals that slowly poison old folk but make it look like they are dying of natural causes.

What do mean I'm paranoid?

5 Comments:

Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Thanks for the kind words, Dave! I just posted another song on there. An acoustic one much longer than 12 seconds. hehe. I'm only using the drum machine because of time constraints. Plus, I don't have a very good setup for recording drums. And the set at my house isn't very good. Hope all is well with you. Talk to you soon!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sunspot Mike said...

Thanks for the advice on what to do if you win the lottery, Tim. The songs are great on FAWM, I haven't recorded anything yet, but I've written a verse a day over the last month, so I feel good about getting inspired to write more, even if I'm not recording them yet.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Toxic Ned said...

Uncle Timmy, that's one of many reasons I'm glad I call you my friend.

2:33 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

haha, it's great you're stickin around just in CASE I win, Ned. Mike, have you been posting your songs on the site? It doesn't matter if they aren't recorded. I think I might have to do that for a few, even though I hate to do it. But once I start recording something, then I have to add this and that, 4 vocal parts here, 3 harmonies there. Ya know? I might just do a few quick one take demos of ideas to at least have something on the site. We'll see. Good luck with your songs!

4:53 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Couple more songs up on fawm.org - I doubt I'll finish the 14 now since I just got a cold. I COULD write 6 or 7 more instrumentals, but I really don't want to.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home