Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

2006 sounds so futuristic, doesn't it? Where the hell is my robot? Or my flying car? Actually, the robot thing is doable. I read (in PopSci, of course) that the newest version of the Roomba vacuum cleaner will have a port where you can plug in a small computer and do some hacking to be able to control it with your Bluetooth cell phone, or program where you want it to go. You could attach a webcam to it, and have a home security system. Sweet.

Last week I stayed at my dad's place for Xmas. It was fun. They have about 30 movie channels on their digital cable, so when I'm just chillin' there, I usually catch a movie I've been wanting to see but didn't know if it was actually worth the 4 dollar rental (or Netflix queue space). But last week, guess what was on? The Garbage Pail Kids Movie! Holy crap, I was so excited. I saw it in the theater when I was about 9. I still have a small box of cards, too. Let me say, it was one of the most horribly terrific movies I've seen in a long time. One of those that is so bad, that it's actually watchable because you know they weren't even trying to make a decent movie. Man, it brought back memories. Greaser Greg was my favorite in that flick. They also had Foul Phil, Ali Gator, Nat Nerd... awesome.

Well, this year was pretty freakin sweet. Although it started with the official demise of B.o.r.d. (RIP) in January, that at least left me open to do other projects and expand my music... ality? Sure, that's a word. "Government Zero" now has almost a complete setlist which still needs work, but we should be playing a show within, I'd say, 2 months. Also, I've been writing a lot of really poppy oldies-punk rock and roll type songs for a project I've dubbed "Eddie Ate Dynamite." I think that one will be something where I will attempt to do some good recordings playing all the instruments myself. If it works out, I may hunt down some musicians to put together a live show for that.

I also did "The Stint" with Dan from Rattbelly (and the Dark Clan and Null Device and Stromkern and... how many fuckin bands is that guy in!?) which was shitloads of fun, and a real challenge. I think setting a deadline was the key to getting it done. I hate to be the guy that's a stickler for a set schedule for things like that, but I think maybe setting some "due dates" for GZero will help us speed this shit up. I really want to play again, and I don't know if I'll be able to round up anyone for Spoof Fest again this year. We'll see. Maybe I need a year off. So anyway, Dan convinced me to start yet ANOTHER band with him, so we'll see how that pans out. We both have some kick-ass shit to bring to the table, so there's no telling what'll come of it. Plus, I've always wanted to do a Rattbelly cover. :)

Well, thanks to everyone who made this a great year. January gave me and E a chance to take a nice trip to Florida, thanks to stepdad Ken's timeshare. Rock! Spoof Fest in April was awesome. Playing bass with The Culture Club rocked. Tinker (who was Boy George) and the rest of the guys kick ass and we're so fun to work with. Trivia in Stevens Point was awesome (a radio trivia contest where we got together with about 8 friends in a hotel room and didn't sleep all weekend while we fed on junk food and soda and surfed online to find out what the sign on Napolean Dynamite's bedroom door said!). Our Halloween party was a total success with beer a-flowin' and chocolate a-fountainin'!

To top it all off, I turned 27 and haven't yet OD'd on heroine, like the rockstar I am. (Or would like to believe I am!). So, on that note, let me knock on wood, because I only have until my 28th birthday - October 19th, 2006 (the FUTURE, CONAN?) to make my first million with one of my bands before I die a tragic rockstar death in a trashed hotel room with hookers and coke and burned lampshades and broken bottles of Jack Daniels all around. Wish me luck, and Happy Fuckin' New Year!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"how many fuckin bands is that guy in!?"

Technically, six:
Null Device
Stromkern
The Dark Clan
Siv
The Gothsicles

...and now our thing. :-) Can't wait!! Happy new year, y'all!

Dan

10:18 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

haha.. awesome. I can't wait to start our new band, "MonkeyFear."

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flipper Babies is a much sweeter name. hehe

Bill

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home