Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Walmart

I just got back from seeing the Madison musical WALMARTOPIA at the Bartell Theater on Mifflin. Oh man, it was some funny stuff. Wednesday is student discount day, so I pulled out my dusty old ID from the UW (I'll never throw that thing away!) and got in for 5 bucks. Dan and Bill from Government Zero (that's my BAND, assholes!) also got in cheap, cause they both work at Walmart (sucks for them!). I highly recommend it. I think it's playing one more Wednesday, too. But it's worth 15 bucks if you go another night. The songs are catchy and fun, and one of the characters is Sam Walton's severed head (think "Futurama"). haha.. It plays until the 14th. What's funny is that I just stepped into a Walmart for the first time in a couple years probably just the other day. I had to return a movie. 40 Year Old Virgin. But c'mon, loving brother Dan - FULL SCREEN? What kinda movie guy you think I am? haha. I took the cash and will buy the widescreen version (probably cheaper, too) online somewhere, so the greedy bastards at Walmart won't get the money. bwahaha! Did you know that Vermont declared itself a Historical Landmark so that no Walmarts could be built there? I'm not sure if it's completely Walmart-free, but no new ones can be built. There are some other fun facts on the various anti-Walmart sites you can find online. Fun read. More on my cynical view of big business and my cynical view in general (which I'm really trying to change, I mean it!) on my next post. I need to get some sleep. "I got a big day tomorrow... a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have you know we don't work there anymore!! :)

Nice Old School reference. hehe

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and this is Bill.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i'm in the cast of walmartopia... we posted your blog entry backstage... thanks for the mention and the old school reference.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Movie Maven said...

i played vicki in walmartopia - thanks for the hilarious shout out. and yeah, 40 year old virgin on fullscreen? PLEASE. that is lame.

7:14 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Vicki rocked!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home