Monday, November 28, 2005

Darkness!

Hey kids, just listening to the new "The Darkness" album on myspace. It comes out tomorrow, and I'm totally buying it. It ROCKS! Sounds a lot more like Queen than the first album. Some of the songs could totally come out of a rock opera. Massive amounts of overdubbed harmonies. SWEET! It's really cool that they put the whole album streaming on myspace before you can buy it. Wish all bands did that. Also, their song "Hazel Eyes" was very familiar. They actually played it last year when I saw them at Summerfest! I thought it was a b-side, so I searched online and bought all their b-sides, but it wasn't one of them. I just remember fuckin lovin that song. How many bands play new songs that aren't released ANYWHERE? Well, okay, LOCAL bands do, but big, signed bands hardly ever do that. Weezer used to, but I'm sure the "man" tells them not to anymore. Basically, there's no point to that for the guys making the money at the label, because who wants to hear a song they can't buy? What a bunch of bullshit. I remember after The Stint show we did, I gave a CD to this "promoter" in Madison that is a friend of mine. He was like "When are you playing next?" I told him we weren't playing at all. It was a one-time project. Well, the fucker actually GAVE me the CD back (it was FREE, by the way!) because he said it wasn't "marketable". WTF? Music is about music, and even though you have to make money to go anywhere, I think most people still appreciate when bands do cool shit like playing b-sides, hanging out with fans afterword (thanks, AWK!) and stuff like that. Sure, they're not making money doing that specific act, but in the long run they get a lot more respect. And that fuckin ROCKS, like the new Darkness album, which I'm sure you will all buy. WOOHOO!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sunspot Mike said...

Hell yeah! I'm looking forward to picking up the new Darkness this week (probably on iTunes unless I can find a better deal in a store, but I doubt it.)

I haven't had time to stream it on MySpace, but if it sounds like Queen, I'm fucking down!

3:19 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

What? Queen is still playing? That's like seeing "Guns And Roses" without Axl, or Motley Crue without Vince Neil! Who sings?

5:04 PM  
Blogger K good said...

I tried to listen to the copy they sent to the Magazine but it was so encrypted that I could listen to it. They wouldn't let me put it in a computer.

Oh yea, ELECTRIC PANTS.

Going to see them again tonight at the bremen cafe. They sound like Jon Spencer Blue Explosion.

6:19 PM  
Blogger K good said...

Oh one other thing.
ELECTRIC PANTS

10:28 AM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Did you see my link to Electric Frogs? I searched google and found 'em. Probably not as good as the pants, though.

12:10 PM  
Blogger K good said...

the ass that gave the CD back, isn't very good at marketing.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home