Monday, September 19, 2005

Various items of interest to about 7 people I know, probably:

My cousin Kevin, whom I call "Cousin Kevin" (check out his photoblog, it rocks!), told me my blog posts are too random and that I should separate thoughts into paragraphs. This is why he's a writer, and I play songs. haha..

PARAGRAPHED!!! *in Strongbad voice* So, Mike from Sunspot posted this on their blog. I commented on it in detail, because it's very very sad. Don't read it until I cheer you up a bit first. That way the fall down will hurt more. :)

STANZA'D!!! I changed my Sunday shift at work to 2 to 10, which is great. I get to sleep on Sundays now, and it's not busy at all at night at Captel. I had time in between calls to read a Fall Of Hyperion, the 2nd in a series of one of the coolest stories I've ever read. Sci-fi or not. I also had time to think, which can be a dangerous thing.

ENTER KEY!!! What does a lad like me think about? Oh, lots of things. Are we alone in the universe? Does God exist? Did I leave the iron on? I have a busy brain sometimes. I was also thinking about how so many people are cynical and selfish and separated from each other, and how it will be our demise. Much deeper than that "iron" thing. I keep reading articles accentuating the fact that our country is more divided than it's been since the Civil War. It's scary to think about, because I've also read about predictions of a new civil war (articles you won't find in your daily newspaper, however). Are we to become the United States of Not-Texas? Will I have to shoot my mom, now that she lives in New Mexico?

CONCLUDED!!! I read in one of my many time-travel books a theory that says "you are most likely not special"... statistically speaking. Meaning, if you choose a random time, being NOW, chances are very slight that we are in the last century of mankind. Mankind has been around for many many millenia (say many many millenia a bunch of times in a row), so statistically speaking, we have only a 1% chance of existing within the last 1% of mankind's timeline. Got it? So, I guess you can rest easy knowing that even if the sorry state our country and world is in escalates to nuclear carnage and destruction, we most likely won't ALL die. Probably, we'll ride around on motorcycles with Tina Turner. I'm stocking up on canned food, just in case. Tina likes corn.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This remind me that you never told me what your halloween costume was going to be. My guess was a group effort as teen girl squad.

9:27 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

We have an iron? I'm gonna be Homestar Runner. :) Pretty simple costume. I'll have to give myself the option of releasing my arms, though, so I can drink. Robin, you go as Coach Z, and E, you go as Marzipan. :) Toxic Ned, you go as Bubs, and everyone else should choose between Strong Bad, Strong Sad, Homsar (that would be an awesome one, if you got the voice right!), etc. I think we may have a party the weekend after Halloween, since most people will have plans the weekend OF.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Toxic Ned said...

What?!? Bubs??? Damnit, now I have to work on selling everything.

Or I can always make do with my original idea for a costume...

9:12 AM  
Blogger K good said...

That was excellent. It was easy on the eyes and I was able to see that you wrote about several things.

Lots of links. I like links. I like FireFox and Tabbing.

Good seeing you today. Hope Bremen Cafe was everything you hoped it would be.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home