Monday, August 22, 2005

What a weekend!

So, Thursday night was the big STINT show, and it went great! Dan had a little cold, and we were slightly off on a couple songs, but I don't think anyone noticed much. Trevor at The Klinic loved it, and was exstatic to get such a big crowd on a Thursday. It blew my mind, also, to see how many people showed up! Thanks to all you punk rockers out there, and thanks to those who aren't yet punk rockers, but secretly yearn to be (aka - everyone else). Friday E, Dan H. and I drove up to Hudson (near MN's Twin Cities) Wisconsin for a big ol' party with old friends. It was an awesome time, and no one got too hungover. There are fewer and fewer of those now that we're "adults". haha. I finally got to see Team America, and now I believe everyone that told me it was hilarious. "AMERICA... FUCK YEAH!!!" Yesterday (Sunday) we came back home and rented Glengarry Glen Ross at Blockbuster, because we heard an interview with the director on the radio, and it sounded interesting. It was kinda boring, mostly just dialogue, but you get to hear Jack Lemmon say "fuck" a lot, so that was cool. The director talked it up WAY too much. But it seemed to get critical acclaim and all that, so maybe you'd like it. I guess it was worth watching. Unlike this movie, which you should never rent. VERY mediocre. I didn't get it. Jameel gave me my birthday present from last year that he's been holdin' onto since then. It was America: The Book, by Jon Stewart and the Daily Show writers. So far, it's AWESOME! They lay it out like a textbook, which makes it funnier. They even have the little stamped-in grid where you write your name at the beginning of the year, so you can see if you got the same textbook as one of your older siblings from years ago or something. haha. Read the first few pages on Amazon. Well, today (Monday) I'm sick. Actually, I feel okay, but my throat since yesterday was really sore (insert inappropriate male felatio joke here). I love that Vicks throat spray stuff. Works like a charm. So, since I took of Friday and Sunday for our trip, I have off Saturdays and Tuedays, and I'm sick today, that means I had myself a sweet 5-day vacation. Nice. Only now my personal hours are dwindling. Oh well. In a way I want things to get busier at work, so I can pick up hours on days I don't work instead of using personal time. On the other hand, that means I'll have to work that much MORE when I'm actually there. Hm... Guess I'll just leave it up to fate. It's in my best interest to want the company to grow, 'cause then I have a better chance at moving up within the company. Even though I'm sleeping with the training coordinator, it hasn't seemed to help yet. haha. Well, for now I leave you with this thought... Why don't bands give themselves names like LeatherWolf anymore?

3 Comments:

Blogger Toxic Ned said...

You're sleeping with the training coordinator?!? Holy shit, that's an HR issue waiting to happen!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you guys on Thursday! It's so nice being back home again.

Oh, I was thinking about the post you made a while back about how people lose touch with old friends, so I randomly emailed one of my good friends from h.s. who I hadn't talked to since graduation. She replied with a LOT of "Wowie Zowie"s (her favorite phrase ten years ago) and was really happy I wrote.

12:11 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

That's awesome, Robin! More people should do stuff like that.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home