Tuesday, May 24, 2005

"5 years, my brain hurts a lot"

A David Bowie quote is very appropriate for this blog entry, but that one sounds so negative. Anyway, yesterday, May 23rd, was the 5 year anniversary of my first date with Erika. We went to see Hitchcock's Rear Window. Pretty good flick. I thought it was cool that she picked something a little non-mainstream. Little did I know she liked a lot of the coolest non-mainstream stuff I did, and the stuff I didn't like I just hadn't discovered yet. I've discovered a lot of cool shit because of her. Babylon 5, the Sandman comics, Dr. Who, David Bowie, etc. I could go on. She's great. The B.o.r.d. song, "E", is pretty good. But she deserves better. Maybe one day I'll write something ten times better for her. She puts up with my stupid jokes, and I put up with her moods. But unlike a lot of couples, our relationship isn't based solely on "putting up with" each other. She's one of only a couple of girls I've dated that I can actually say are my FRIEND, too. My next longest relationship before this one lasted almost 2 years, and in retrospect, I didn't really even LIKE the girl. It was Dana, for those of you that remember her. She's probably popping out babies by now. Glad I got out of that one while I could! Alright, time for a toast... (raise your glass) - So, here's to another 5 years with Erika. (We renewed our contract!) May you all find a love so great that can be called "friend" before anything. Someone to get along with, to share your dreams and downfalls. Someone who along with you will revel in your happiness and care for you during your sadness. Then brush it off and start all over again. - I've always thought whatever master plan decided that boys and girls should get together was a freakin disatrous idea. I mean, physically, the two work together very well, but emotionally it's crazy. That's what makes it so great when you can find someone who you can live with and who becomes almost like a part of your own personality. If you've found the same, I tip my glass to you. If you haven't, don't despair. I've probably got some friends I could hook you up with.

8 Comments:

Blogger K good said...

When I was going out with Jen2 you said, "You aren't going to marry her are you?"

I should have, I would have been a lot happier that I am now. After that, I decided to not take relationship advice from anyone.

Now I am dating my high school girlfriend.

I guess I am more fucked up than everyone.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Toxic Ned said...

and once again, congrats to you and E, Uncle T.

And I would like to apply for a hook-up, unless I am one of those people that you have set aside for the hooking...

Man, I sound like a whore.... YES!!!!!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Wait, who was Jen#2? How long ago? Where is she now? Hook her up with Toxie here!

6:25 PM  
Blogger K good said...

lets not forget the sex... thats just as important as being friends.

11:03 AM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

haha... cousin Kevin, meet Erika's mom, renaeen.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Sunspot Mike said...

Congrats guys, and here's to another 5 great years! :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Thanks Mikey! After all, this IS partly because of you! I'm pretty sure you were the first of E's friends I met, back when you had braces and a mullet.

11:51 AM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Very important! She loves it, for the most part. She's a tough critic, though, so it's good to have her around for that. I'm teaching her bass, so when we're old we can be like Mitch and Mickey and play songs together.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home