Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Reviews time...

Here are Tim's reviews for the last few weeks:
1.) Job - So far my job is pretty sweet. I've gotten through the training for the most part, and it was a cinch. From now on I'll pretty much get to my cubicle, sit down, and repeat what other people are saying for 8 hours. Sounds boring, but it's really not. Most of the calls are of a friendly nature, you know, friends calling each other and such. I can't get into details at all for obvious confidentiality reasons, but it's a lot easier on my psyche than the people at my last job were. The pay is enough to live on, if I had no debt. But since doctor bills, car bills, Vegas trips, DVDs, and student loans really build up, I'm gonna need to do some other shit or get promotions to make more money. Captel is an awesome company, so I recommend anyone looking for a job to look into it. Oh yeah, and they don't test for drug use there!

2.) The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy - I loved the series of books by Douglas Adams, so I figured I'd at least like the movie for the most part, and I was right. I assumed they'd add shit that wasn't necessary and take out really good, funny stuff, and I was also right about that. But since I expected it, it wasn't so bad. At least Douglas Adams co-wrote the screenplay and was an executive producer on the movie, so you knew it wasn't just a bastardized version of a dead guy's life's work. The special effects were AWESOME. If you've read the first book, the scene where they tour the planet-building factory is incredible. When I read that, my imagination could not come up with imagery to do that idea justice, but that scene in the movie does! Trillian is freakin hot in the movie, which I imagined she was in the book. Expect a love story between her and Arthur that was definitely not in the book. But hey, it's a movie, right? There's got to be at least one shower scene!

3.) Beatallica - Let me say, these guys fuckin crack me up. "And Justice For All My Lovin" is probably my favorite, since "All My Lovin" is one of my top Beatles favorites. "Kirk Hammison" (I think that's right) is the only guy not wearing a wig in the band, and he twirls that hair around like crazy while he shreds just like the real Kirk (not quite like George, though).

4.) Exercise - I hear it's good for you. Seems that way, I guess. I give it a 4.

3 Comments:

Blogger K good said...

i think you should write a review about my website.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the job's workin' out, Tim. And exercise is good! Don't fear the gym. Or the reaper. Waage and I used to go lift together before band practice, and we practiced 4 times a week. Isn't that touching? The band that lifts together...well, can't keep a singer, apparently, and is forced to become a trio and play punk so the guitarist can sing.

--listless

12:09 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

haha.. I like how you say you were "forced" to play punk. What a punishment! I feel so bad for you. haha.. I don't think I'll ever lift weights. Running, tennis, the occasional v-ball, football or basketball. Cardio shit is way more fun. I don't care if I gots big muscles as long as E doesn't care either!

Kuzzin Kevin's Website - http://inediblekevin.blogspot.com/
Kuzzin Kevin takes pictures. He has a pretty freakin' sweet digital camera and a good eye for unusual shit to take pictures of. His dad, Bob, likes to bowl. His mom, Nancy, snorts when she laughs. That's my mom's sister. My mom snorts sometimes, too. Look at Kevin's pictures. The fireworks were for my mom's party. She moved to Albuquerque. It was a good party. We ate Mexican food. "That's all I have to say about that."

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home