Monday, April 25, 2005

Whistle while we...

Off to work today. It's almost like going back to school after summer vacation. I always liked the first day. No real responsibilities. Just meeting everyone and gettin used to the place again. And since I'm used to pressing snooze in the morning for about a half hour, I set my alarm accordingly. But the first couple days I'll be ready to get up right away, so right now I have about a half hour to kill. I really miss school. I went down to State Street a couple times last week to see if EarWax had the newest Teen Idols album, which they don't. Seeing all those students walking around to their classes was a real sensory overload for me. I miss the times I'd see at least five people I knew walking past on their way to some other class. I miss the times when on any given day I could get together with some friends and it didn't have to be a special occasion. Well, hopefully I'll meet some musicians to play with at Captel. It's the kinda place where a LOT of musicians work. Kinda like Kinko's was, I guess. Only this place has a few hundred employees, and each Crapko's had about 15. Speaking of music, I've decided I'm gonna try to have two bands, so that means I'm gonna have to find twice the musicians. Wish me luck with that! I already have about ten songs to play in the "good" band. And only about four for the "evil" band. We still don't have a name for the band yet (Chris the guitarist and I). Hopefully something will stick once we get a drummer and bassist. I have a lot of good band names, and I already picked one for the "good" band. But the "evil" band is gonna have a lot more minor key, faster, more serious songs. The stuff we have so far is almost No Use For A Name-ish. There will still be some poppier fast punk songs, but they may seem out of place with the other stuff. I don't care. I'm not out to impress with this band. Just wanna try something different. With the other one, I'm gonna do almost all of the songwriting, so there will be a lot more "Tim" in the songs. Which of course means more Ramones, and maybe a dash of Elvis. And monkeys, Dan C., LOTS of songs about monkeys...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curse you and your monkeys, SuperRamone! I will prevail! Once I complete work on my anti-simian monkey neutralization ray, I will be able to eliminate monkey references from any punk song in the world with just a push of a button, from deep within the safety of my secret fortress! AND THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE!!

a-HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

--listless

1:03 PM  
Blogger K good said...

working is fucking lame. all you do is go to a plac and they pay you to do something that is lamer than what you could be doing. i should no have stayed out till 3 drinking last night. holy jesus i feel like hell.

1:36 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Q-ball: there IS a version of Walk On The Wildside done by Adam Sandler, Conan O-Brien, and Jimmy Fallon (sp?). It was some TV special. But I think what you mean is that Lou Reed is actually a muppet.
Kevin: I vowed never to drink excessively on a worknight again after St. Patty's day a few years ago. Hope you learned a valuable lesson! haha
Listless: Too bad for you.. I already have an anti-anti-simian monkey neutralization ray. So there!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

My plan would have worked if it weren't for you darn kids!

--listless

12:20 PM  
Blogger K good said...

ill never learn.

thought you like this.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/weirdal/weirdal1.html

12:42 PM  
Blogger K good said...

just like Marble Madness
http://gprime.net/game.php/gyroball

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home