Monday, March 07, 2005

Car trouble...

This weekend as I was driving back to Madison from Milwaukee (Spoof Fest practice), my car started to sputter. It jerked a little and then started making these "go-cart" noises. Before I knew it, the brakes went out. I spun out of control, frantically trying to regain control of my car before crashing into someone or something. Alas, my efforts were futile, so I opened my door and leapt out onto the open road, stealthily rolling away just as the car plummetted off the edge of a cliff, exploding into flames as it crashed into the valley below.

Okay, I lied. But it sounded exciting, huh? What really happened was my car is a piece of shit and has been for the past couple years. The windows didn't roll down straight, the right blinker didn't work, and the engine squeaked and howled and did things engines shouldn't do. So, somehow the oil and coolant systems got so fucked up that it was beyond repair. Well, at least beyond repair WORTH the money. So, I sold the thing to the Goodyear guy for 20 bucks. Dammit. Oh well, I didn't like it anyway. Here's all that's left of the sloppy jalopy...
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/21/3972/1024/bordplate.jpg">

1 Comments:

Blogger Toxic Ned said...

Dude, I could so see the BORDmobile burning and crashing like you initially described, with you on the edge of the cliff looking down at the crashing and exploding remains. Then the camera would zoom in, and we'd see a single tear run down your cheek. Cue the music at the end of The Incredible Hulk TV series with you turning and walking away, then it slowly fades to black.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home