Thursday, February 24, 2005

Rock and roll show...

Tonight I saw Mulligan Stu play. They rocked! It was at the Annex (free shows on Wednesday nights are awesome, especially when you don't have a job!). They played my second favorite Descendents song, "Bikeage" and said "if anyone knows the lyrics to this song, come on up!". Are you kidding me? That's like telling a crack addict "if anyone here likes crack, we've got some up on stage, so help yourself!". I guess I am a crack addict. Only instead of crack, it's being-on-stage. So, obviously I went on stage and sang it with them. I love when bands do that!

We just found ourselves a drummer today, and I'm fuckin excited to get out and play again. All we need now is a bass player who can sing. Not an easy thing to find, but we thought finding a good drummer would be the hardest part. Granted, shit could still fall apart at any moment. I don't know these guys that well yet. But they both seem cool. Mitch on drums, and Chris on guitar. The new stuff will be more punk and faster. I'll almost certainly lose my voice after every show until I get used to it. But it's gonna fuckin rock. My mom may not like it as much, and my friends who say "The Monkey song is my favorite!" will certainly not take to it as well as B.o.r.d., but oh well. Nothing can replace B.o.r.d., it was a unique experience. And the future will bring new experiences and fun. Right now in my life I'm a little jaded and slightly pissed off. Not at anything in particular, just in general. So the pop rock thing might have to wait. Granted, the way I write songs will certainly guarantee that all the new songs WILL be catchy and fun, that's just the way I am. But they also will be a little more emotional, and maybe I'll sing a little more "drastically" for lack of a better word. We've written one full song so far, and we'll play one older B.o.r.d. song and two of the newer ones. I'm sure we'll also pull an old B.o.r.d. tune out now and then. The problem is teaching the newbies my old songs. What a pain. I mean, they learn quickly, but some of this shit is 8 years old! But what must be done must be done.

I'm still writing stuff that won't be used in the new band. I'll eventually record some decent demos of those and put them online. You just wait and see.

Speaking of songwriting, I still wanna write some "custom" songs for people, 'cause you can make good money doing that if you do it well. (People SELL songs on Ebay that they write for you... how cool!) So, for practice, keep posting or emailing me suggestions for song ideas. Anything. If I like it, or think I can do it well, I'll write a song (probably a short one) and record it and put it online for ya. If you read the Sunspot discussion board, you'll find links to two songs I've written for others so far. I think I may write songs until the day I die. Let's hope that's a lot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Toxic Ned said...

I'm still waiting for my song about my quest for a Spanish midget. ;)

4:20 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Comin' right up!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home