Monday, February 21, 2005

Weird dreams...

Man, lately I've been having the strangest dreams. Actually, my dreams are almost always strange, but the past couple weeks it been stranger because I've remembered them more vividly, and I've been having more than one a night.

Last night Jameel (my friend since 4th grade) and a I were astronauts. We were strapped onto this contraption that resembled the Power Drop ride at Six Flags and given oxygen tanks with mouthpieces like the ones you use diving. Oddly enough, I guess that's all we needed. Oh, and a backpack full of notebooks for data entry for whatever we happened to be studying on our trip. We were rocketed away, and it took about 20 seconds for us to get to the moon. We didn't fry up when we hit space because, well, this was a dream. We used the oxygen tanks, but no one else on the moon needed to, really. And the moon was terraformed and cities had been built. I must've known this, but I was still surprised to look out past the city we were IN to find a Chicago-like metropolis in the distance. Basically, this place was exactly like Earth (atmosphere and all), except the ground was a little squishy. For part of our excursion I wasn't wearing shoes, so the squishy ground was a bit unnerving. We wandered into a worn down shack and saved some peasants who couldn't breate normally like everyone else. We also walked around looking at the city. It wasn't very scientific. I remember getting onto the rocket a few times. It was fun. (I'm reading a good sci-fi book right now called Hyperion, and some of this dream may have come from that).

Then I had a SECOND dream. (The other night I had three awesome ones which I may write about later). Sunspot (band you probably already know) was playing a show in a large hallway of a school or something. The opening band kinda sucked, but I passed the time talking to Wendy of Sunspot's dad about why I don't like the Dave Matthews Band. He's a nice fella. In real life AND in dreams! Then I made fun of Sunspot for taking too long to set up their stuff. Dylan (Erika's brother) came over to us and asked what my website address is. He must've been doing shots with some friends in another room, because he looked a little tipsy. Mike of Sunspot was wearing a green chef's apron over his clothes. That might be a good look for him. I think I woke up before they played. That's okay, because usually when they are in my dreams, they play songs I don't recognize or really, really strange covers.

There are some recurring characters in most of my dreams... My cousin Kevin is probably the character most often in my dreams. Sunspot is the band I most often see. I fly or float around a lot (this might be OOBE's.. and flying is NOT sex in dreams... SEX is sex!). If I'm inside, it's often a large building like a mall, stadium, school, etc., and almost never a place I've been to before. Lately I've been doing good deeds in my dreams (like the three dreams I had a few nights ago). All this stuff may "mean" something, if you look it up in a dream book, but I can usually figure it out if it means anything at all. Sometimes I think I might be dreaming actual events from the past or future of either someone else or myself (I just read a book called "Past Lives, Future Lives" and it was really cool, whether you believe in reincarnation or not). When Erika is in my dream, we usually both look different, which might mean we're reincarnations who meet up in other lives. Isn't that sweet! A lot of my dreams add to the recurring sense of deja vu I get. Seriously, I get it ALL the time. Sometimes I'd actually bet MONEY that I saw or did something before, or will in the future. I should read "Psychic Ability for Beginners" again. As soon as Erika's done. Maybe it will shed some light on this!

3 Comments:

Blogger Toxic Ned said...

Maybe this is the dream, and the 'dreams' are the reality! :o

And if that's the case, then Max and I got killed zombie hunting in the Brady Bunch household. :(

2:07 PM  
Blogger K good said...

You have most dreams about me? Is that because I am evil, a jerk, not cool, dork? I am so Feurdianly Confussed.

8:10 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Cuzzin Kevin, I think you meant Freudian? Right? I think that's how it's spelled. I think you are in my dreams because of your pants.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home