Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Dreaming of pancakes...

Here's the weird-ass dream I had last night...

Jameel and I went to a mall. The bank in the mall was too busy, so to get change for a 100 dollar bill, I went to a customer service desk. They gave me change for the 100 so I could get pancakes at the Denny's-like restaurant, also in the mall. They accidentally gave me a 495,000 dollar bill with my change. I didn't notice until after we'd walked away. At the restaurant, I ordered strawberry stuffed pancakes, and Jameel had blueberry. The service sucked. I’m done with my “appetizer pancake” by the time our order is taken. In my dreams they serve you pancakes before you order your pancakes. A sunburned Jan Hooks sat across from us, wearing a bright orange shirt. The whole time we're eating, I contemplated whether or not to keep the bill, and where would I redeem it? Wouldn't they trace it back to me? Plus, the girl at the customer service deck would certainly get fired.

Okay, this is where this shit came from. Jameel was there, because I'd just talked to him the other day. The contemplation about the 495,000 dollar bill was from the Sopranos. You know how they "move" stolen merch? Well, I was wondering, what if I found a bag of diamonds or something like that, just left on the street? In reality, I'd turn it into the police, just in case a group like the mafia was looking for it. But what if no one claimed it, and the police let me keep it? Not like that would happen, but what if? Where the hell would I sell it? I don't have any mob connections at all! I have a few Italian friends. Maybe I'll ask them. Oh, and Jan Hooks was in my dream because I put the Danny Elfman cd in my alarm clock, so I knew I'd be waking to the score from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, which Jan Hooks is in. She's the one that says "There's no basement in the Alamo!" The pancakes were probably in my dream because I was hungry. Man, I think I'll make some right now!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet dreams are made of this, but weird dreams are made of...pancakes?

--listless

8:33 AM  
Blogger Toxic Ned said...

Ummmm... Wow.

And Jan Hooks was hot! HOT!!!

I would have kept one or two of the diamonds, or the entire $495,000 bill.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Sunspot Mike said...

Jesus, Tim. That is a pretty weird dream. I've never thought of Jan Hooks as particularly hot, wasn't she in The X-Files as Lenny from Lenny and Squiggy's wife? I think I remember that.

I dreamt about The Soprano Crew halfway through watching the third season. You can't help it, it's such a good show.

10:36 AM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Mike, you're thinking of Nora Dunn (thanks, imdb.com!). Not hot. Jan Hooks was okay, I guess. I'd do her just to be able to say "I did the chick who said 'There's no basement in the Alamo'". I'd also try to incorporate pancakes in the act.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home