Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Love Music

I'm home sick from work today. And this time I'm actually sick. Just a little sore throat, no need to worry. (insert blowjob joke here). Anyway, my cousin Kevin, who I call Cousin Kevin, sent me the link to Pandora.com and it rocks. It's a pretty simple idea and I'm sure there are more like it out there on the ol' "internet" but I love this one. Right now I created a Ramones / Green Day station. They have a ton of music I haven't heard, which is cool. You should check it out. I also still frequent allofmp3.com to download stuff cheap. Speaking of music, I still need to buy some good equipment for recording. I have a decent vocal mic and condenser mic now, but I need a small mixer with phantom power (I wasn't even sure what that WAS until yesterday when a co-worker who works at a studio told me) and a good sound card. So far I have whatever Dell had that was the best they could give me. But it's still only a mono 1/8 inch input. So, if anyone has any suggestions where I can get stuff for cheap, let me know. I really want to be able to record stuff well. Right now everything I do is okay, but there's still a lot of background hiss and such. When Erika and I move, I'm gonna try to soundproof my computer room and see if that helps. Right now I think a lot of the computer humming is what you hear in the background.

I'm gonna be playing some acoustic stuff for the FAWM showcase coming up Sunday, May 21st at the High Noon Saloon. More details on that later. So far I think there will be about 6 Madison songwriters who made it to the 14-song mark and we'll each play about 4 or 5 songs or something. It should be a lot of fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Man, I just came across this dude, Nice Peter, who's playing at the High-Noon next Tuesday, the 4th with the OuttaToons. I'm totally goin! Listen to his stuff (especially the Bush song) on his website, and let me know if you wanna come along, y'all! www.nicepeter.com

1:24 PM  
Blogger Sunspot Mike said...

That's awesome you're going to be at the FAWM showcase, I can't wait to check that out. I hope we're in town for it.

Pandora.com looks badass and it's on my Someday/Maybe list, I'll have to check it out sooner rather than later, though.

I hear you about being sick, I've been feeling like shit for over a week now. I think I might have given it to you when I inserted that blowjob joke into your mouth.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Toxic Ned said...

*marks down date on virtual calendar*

I'm gonna have to see if I remember to show up for that. If I do remember, I'll do what I can to show up and provide my support.

Get well soo, bud!

3:33 PM  
Blogger JRamoneWI said...

Well, I plan on having all my recording equipment in there, too! Possibly my clothes. You know, pretty much like we got now! :)

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuesday May 21. High Noon. Pending babysitting situation I'm fuckin goin. That's all there is to it. Lookin forward to it.....just for kicks as an encore, you should do an acoustic version of leper messiah. With a cello. And a kazoo.

Poo

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I know....it's not a tuesday, it's a sunday. I was looking at a march calender because I like to stay two months behind the rest of the world..........see you there - poo

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home